The book of Deuteronomy belongs with the most significant literature in the Hebrew Scriptures because it systematically shapes and articulates the faith of God’s people in a living God. It is a literary masterpiece, a jewel, and the Magna Carta of Israel’s teaching. This well-organized manual of faith is the religious constitution for God’s people, climaxing the Pentateuch and crowning the Torah with a comprehensive overview of the divine law of God.
In Deuteronomy: The Book of Love by Dr. Jirí Moskala, you will
- learn to recognize streams of thinking through history,
- see the Lord as humanity’s personal God,
- examine the literary form of a covenant,
- explore the relationship between fear and love, and
- delve into the bond between the Sabbath and social justice and so much more.